Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:21:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Rocky,

I used to run Shell Rotela 10-40 diesel truck oil in my 90K original mile TD -
got 5psi better hot oil pressure at the gauge and cut consumption in half -
Years ago an old Morris club member in Sausalito, CA, who also had a Porsche
911S read about it in a Porsche publication and started using it in all of his
old cars.  I still use it today on my 1950 Plymouth business coupe. I use the
Castrol high milage stuff in the wife's 100K mile BMW 325i and it cut oil
consumption (from a full quart to a half in 3,000 miles).  The stuff that is
reccomended for my PT Cruiser looks like salad oil to me..........

best,

Rick Feibusch
Venice CA