Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:27:44 -0500
Castrol has a line of products for the informationally oil challenged
group of classic car owners.  :)  Basically cheap oils have it.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?
categoryId=9014107&contentId=7027099

Castrol Tection Extra for diesel has ZDDP right on the label. Diesel
oils and and non-api and older api graded oils have it.   Such oils
are used for snowmobiles, motorcycles and lawn equipment.

Any oil for a vehicle without a catalytic converter works fine. If
you go to a gas station, pick the cheapest bottle of oil on the shelf
and it will say not for modern engines for older engines only.  guess
what -- not for modern engines means it has ZDDP in it...