Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] MG TD oil
From: Syd Saperstein <tcsyd@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:07:28 -0700
According to the ZDDP folks, many of the specialty oils on the market
like "high mileage" oils while they do have some ZDDP the
concentration by weight is .02% or less.  The oils that had ZDDP
pre-1988 after which the amounts dropped, was .15%.  So if the oils
available for older cars have that much in them all well and good.
Some Diesel oils still have the ZDDP, but their other characteristics
are not as good for gasoline engines...so I am told.
TC Syd