MGR headers & exhaust

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGR headers & exhaust
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 21:09:44 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am just starting the next V8 project, suspension re-done, stripping
the car, getting ready for trial fitting of the drive train before
cleaning & painting the engine bay. Now with Zack's post, I am starting
to thing about the exhaust system, & would appreciate any
experience/comments on running the exhaust using the "through the
fender" headers.

The RV8 style headers do not include a Y pipe arrangement, & frankly, I
have not given it much thought. It appears that in some ways, it would
be easier to just run duals straight back, maybe add an H pipe to
balance. I know that this traditionally means centering the gas tank,
but it has to be replaced anyway.

OK guys, who has done it or has planned it out?

Thanks--

Jim Stuart