Re: MGR headers & exhaust

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGR headers & exhaust
From: DickShaler@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:19:37 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim ,  I too plan to use the MGR headers through the inner fender panels on
the next V8 project.  It seems to me that a dual pipe system with an
appropriately placed H pipe might be the best way to go even with the hassle
of moving the gas tank over.
My biggest concern is locating the cut out in the fender panel to avoid an
oversized hole.  I realize that an aluminum shield could be made to minimize
the opening but "measure twice cut once".
If anyone has a cutout template for the RV8 it would be a big help.
The only drawback I can see in the dual pipe setup would be for those of us
who plan to use a late model FI system with oxygen sensors.  I don't know if
a single sensor in one of the pipes would work or the engine would require
two as the late system is fitted.  Or maybe just not use the sensors.  In
another kind of car. with the Motronic (DME) system that is possible if you
know the proper resistance generated by the O sensor at optimum mixture.
Lucas doesn't seem as forthcoming with this data as Bosch.
BTW now that the UK is going on a Mars mission with one of their own space
probes using Lucas electronics will the Red Planet now be known as the Dark
Planet?

   Dick