RE: &^@&^%! Facet Fuel Pump

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: &^@&^%! Facet Fuel Pump
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:49:59 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim,

>What about the original SU pump? I don't know what engine/carb set up you

I have a cammed factory 3.5 with JWR manifold, Edelbrock 500. Is the stock
SU really adequate for a 500? The reason I ask is I thought Edelbrock
recommend 6psi (not talking about flow here) for this carburettor. It says
so on their website. I could go back to an original SU, but am a little
sceptical. SU psi ratings are for SU carbs. A pair of HS4's/HIF6 etc require
a lot less pressure, I thought it was in the 1.5psi-3psi range no? Can
someone give me a technical reason why I shouldn't worry? (too late here for
me to calc figures <G>) If so I'll happily go back to an SU. Never had this
sort of (frightening) problem before with SU pumps!

Cheers,
Neil