Re: Crank scrapers

To: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>, "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: Crank scrapers
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:40:54 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Having done thermodynamics at university some considerable years ago I do have an interest in items that claim big advantages in engine weaponary. Considering the amount of lost power by resistance to water,oil, gas and air having to pass through tubes, vents, galleries and such, I cannot see that oil mist and clinging oil to the crank will be a significant part of the loss. Perhaps more gain would be achieved by coating all the passageways for the engine fluids. I am prepared to be convinced by facts provided by independent sources but in the meantime I am not forking out for such an item!