HTO tech question.

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: HTO tech question.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:53:39 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi List,

I have a question about my HTO installation/assembly.  This morning when
I went to take the Quartermaster HTO off of my transmission snout it
came apart in my hand.  The moving sleeve is sealed by two small
diameter "O" rings.  I made sure everything was clean, reinstalled the O
rings, lubricated them lightly with lithium grease and slid the sleeve
back onto the base.

Has anyone else had this experience?  Does this brief disassembly
predict future leaks?

At this point my contact with Quartermaster has been so disappointing
that I have lost confidence in their product.  I really need
confirmation from people that have been through the process before me.

Thanks for your help.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom