Re: HTO tech question.

To: "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HTO tech question.
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:13:41 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
  Is Lithium grease the right lube for hydraulic retention o-rings?  I
honestly don't know, but I never would have thought to use it on a hydraulic
system.  Usually clutch and brake manufacturers recommend using brake/clutch
fluid to line the walls of the cylinder and to lube the o-rings.  At the
very least, it sounds like Lithium's anti-psychotic medicinal benefits will
help you in any future dealings with Quartermaster and their customer
service ;-)

JJJ