Re: British V8 meet.

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: British V8 meet.
From: match@ece.utah.edu
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:41:05 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
On 28 Oct 2004 at 4:50, T. S. White wrote:

> I just looked at the British V8 newsletter and discovered they had the
> 2005 West Coast meet listed for July.  Since I was overseas then this
> probably explains why I didn't know the meet in Camarillo was going on.
> I had offered to help with this meet a year ago and never heard anything
> back on it.  Just how did anyone find out the meet was going on and
> when?  Has a club for British Modifieds formed on the west coast?

Did you mean 2004? Actually, I think I also saw it listed for August someplace
else, but
my memory, you know...

As I had been following the British V8 newsletter/websight looking for tips on
building
my car, I came across the same notice, so I e-mailed Bill Guzman, since he was
listed
as the promoter. He replied that the meet would take place later, if at all,
but didn't
elaborate (turns out that his wife went into the hospital for triple-bypass
surgery.) Every
few weeks, I'd e-mail him again, asking for details. When a date in October was
settled
upon I was afraid that I would not be able to attend because I had a wedding in
Washington to go to.

So, other than making a pest of yourself like I did, I don't know what to tell
you. It was
not well advertised, but maybe we can excuse Bill for that under the
circumstances. I do
think that the British V8 websight should have been updated, because that's
been my
greatest source of info for events. In fact it's my only source, I don't know
where else to
look.

This is part of the reason that I've been talking the gathering up so much on
this list.
There were only 8 or 9 cars and it was painfully obvious to me that people just
didn't
know about it. (C'mon, this was in California! and I drove 800 miles to get to
it)

Speaking of the British V8 websight, I'd gladly subscribe to the newsletter,
(dare I admit
that I don't currently subscribe?) but from the state of the websight, the
newsletter looks
to be in trouble. Maybe that's just my perception... Has there been a second
(or third by
now) issue published in 2004? If not, then James clearly needs our help. I know
that
one of the hardest parts of publishing a newsletter is getting folks to submit
articles.

Somebody reassure me, and I'll subscribe.

Marvin