Re: 63 MGB cowl water leak

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 63 MGB cowl water leak
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 08:38:56 -0500
Allen writes:

>Replacing them is a bit trickier since dropped ones can no longer be
>recovered.  I used one of those needle-nosed pliers bent 90 degrees to hold
>and push them on.  But then, I reached through the grill opening to do so.
>Once covered with the mesh, how does one reach through?
>
>Allen Bachelder

WAG:
I haven't had the pleasure yet, but I imagine that one could slit the mesh
slightly at each post and use the needle-nose pliers to carefully insert the
holders through the slits. The slits would be inconsequetial, still keep the
crap out and, if the posts are in the right place, possibly be hidden by the
grill.

GS
A life lived in Nashville is a life half lived.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com