Re: shine up those black bumpers

To: chris lenth <woodcomp@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: shine up those black bumpers
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.scarolina.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 18:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, chris lenth wrote:

> what works good to clean/shine the 74+ MGB bumpers?  I'm trying to sell a
> 77B for a friend of mine (I will post official details tomorrow), and I
> thought that I would polish it up a bit.  The car belongs to Patrick Hand

        I am far from any knod of expert, however I once had very good
results using windex (sp?) on the rubber bumpers of my old 77 B.

        And speaking of rubber bumpers, i have a pair of those as well as
a pile of spares from a 74 BGT.  Including doors, fenders, hatchback,
etc.  As far a carbs go I've also got a mikuni sidedraft that i could
never seem to get to work very well on my 72 B.  Now I'm running a weber
downdraft, but I have the original rebuilt dual carbs.  Whats the better
power maker?  The car already has a header as well.  Finally, I'm getting
ready to rebuiild the suspension system and want to go with a tube shock
conv. all around, however i have heard that the front conversion can
crack the a arms.  Any comments?  (Oh, and i have extra A arms if anyones
interested along with bunches of other parts.)

        Rob in Columbia, S.C.