Re: Weber down draft carb

To: Stan Fickes <fickes@taurus.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Weber down draft carb
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 08:48:57 -0500 (CDT)
> Wow, well, I guess that is either a big plus for downdrafts, or a big minus
> for the Z-S carbs!  My comparison was only with SUs, but the car was
> listless with the Weber, and FUN with the SUs.  No doubt there was a
> jetting or similar problem with the Weber...  sf

I was *not* impressed with my sidedraft after my installation, but I
budgeted $$$ for a dyno tune.  After the dyno, I had a *very* streetable
machine that had drasticly better throttle response and only a
slightly rough idle.  The setting with my TWM kit were way,way off from
what was actually required for main jets, etc.

This experience would seem to indicate that Webers aren't "run out of the
box" carbs like Holleys (or even SUs).