Re: 1977 mgb

To: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Subject: Re: 1977 mgb
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 17:48:49 +0600
>' Wanna take a guess at it, anybody?  I'll confirm the correct answer in a
>couple of days.

Plugs?  Plug wires?  Distributor cap?  Kinda doubt those diagnoses could be
made over the phone.  Also, no mention that it was misfiring, just
mis-accelerating. This would point to the carb side of the picture.
Probably something really stupid, like a hose or a filter, or the
accelerator cable.

Eleven years ago, eh?  My money says that was at the beginning of your MGB
experience, and you were somewhat naive to the workings of the Z-S carb.
Before your trip you performed all the usual tune-up things, including
hosing the carb with cleaner.  Your carb diaphragm developed a tear which
rapidly got worse.

We consult the Moss catalog for confirmation.
Part number 366-040 . . . $3.05 on the nose!
--
Jay Tilton     | Hoka hey!
jtilton@vt.edu | Hokie hi!