Re: leaf spring sag

To: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 09:31:56 -0400
Charles Edwards writes:

I had the leaf springs in my '73 B-GT re-arched.  For about $150 total
they do all the work.  The results are great...

I bought new leaf springs for my 73 GT for about $60/ea, and got lucky with
a Roadster Factory sale last year - getting new leaf springs for the 73
conv for $49.95/ea!  If the shop removed/replaced the springs for Charles,
that sounds like a good deal... but some spring shops have told me that
re-arching does not permanently cure the MG sag - the process is more
intended for heavy truck springs containing many more leaves.

' Hope Charles and others who have gone the re-arching route will keep us
informed of their long-term experience.  If it works well, a local shop
will re-arch mine for less than $20/ea (if I recall correctly, and it may
be more by now) if I bring them in - a significant savings over new ones!

Cheers,
Allen Bachelder