Re: leaf spring sag

To: 92malikh@wave.scar.utoronto.ca
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag
From: Dan Ness <MORRISGARAGE@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 17:17:49 -0400 (EDT)
I have read about the drivers side leaf springs sagging on various MGB's
over the past couple of months on the list and I feel as though maybe I
should offer my opinion.

I have a 1965 Right hand drive MGB that was imported from England.  I also
have this sag on the drivers side of the car, which makes me believe that
the sag is in fact caused specifically by the weight of the driver over
time.  I would like to correct the problem, but I am not sure that replacing
the springs would do it.  One bright chap had suggested switching leaf
springs with someone who has an opposite sag, which really may not be a
bad idea.  ;-)

I also heard that spacers were put in between the springs and the rear
axle on the drivers side to compensate for an anticipated sagging in the
future.  Can anyone confirm this?

*  Daniel R. Ness             Delphi Internet Services Corporation     *
*                                  1030 Massachusetts Avenue           *
*  morrisgarage@delphi.com      Cambridge, Massachusetts  02138        *
*  dness@delphi.com             (617)441-4558     1-800-695-4005       *