Re: leaf spring sag

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 21:27:41 -0500

>     I recently replaced both leaf springs on my 74 BGT.  The car began to
>lean or sag on the driver's side only after a few months.  It's only about a
>half of an inch or so.  I don't have a clue as to why it is leaning.
>
>                                            Andy
>
>                                                    '74 BGT

My '74 roadster does the same thing and I HAVE A THEORY! Could it be because
of the amount of time we spend driving the things by ourselves?

The maroon has a serious lean to the left. (Can you blame it?) It also has a
drivers seat that needs replaced MUCH more than the passenger seat. In fact
the left side of the drivers seat is much lower than the right side. Gee,
could it be because that's where my clutch leg is?

I guess the only answer to the "Lean to the Left" is to always have a
passenger. Preferably someone you love, but not more than the car. Oh, no.

Glenn "It's spring and a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of loaves. I'm
hungry" Schnittke
The Law of Selective Gravity;
"An object will fall so as to do the most damage."

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com