Re: Fuel Injection for the MGB

To: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection for the MGB
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 10:18:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, John Van Valkenburgh wrote:

> Lets see, I could put a modem on the engine management controller's RS-232
> port, and then I could be here at work and call it from my PC and log on
> to my MGB...  Maybe it should run UNIX?  Or since the MG is supposed to
> be an older "classic" I could run my MG under VM.
>
> Hey Ray!  Ya suppose we could get a grant for this???
>
> Regards,
> John Van Valkenburgh
> Raleigh, NC

An MG is old enough that everything would have to be done in assembly
language, using a PDP-11 cpu and the RT-11 operating system.  I think I
have a spare PDP-11/23 cpu somewhere if you need one.  You never can tell
when something like that will come in handy.

Ray "Once an expert in FOCAL" Gibbons

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910