SV: MG Holiday Sweep Stake!

To: Mg questions <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: MG Holiday Sweep Stake!
From: "Engstrom Par, Bergslag" <par.engstrom@bergslag.telia.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 14:34:00 PDT
Longest journey.

Last year i drove from Falun, Sweden via Gothenburg (500 km's)
then boat to Harwich, England then to Alloa in Scotland (700 km's) after
that
to Bangor Wales (470 km's) then back to Harwich (450 km's) and
back to the home of the vikings Falun another 500 km's, via Gothenburg.

The thing here that convinces me of Mg reliability is that when
i stopped in Watford (MG services) on the way back to Harwich to have
a new gearbox fitted, they discovered that half of the
release bearing was missing, totally worn down, that explained
was the engine sometimes stalled when i tried to get into
first gear, and squeeked like a pig in heat.

Anyway that sums up to approx  2620 km's plus maybe
another 400 km's sightseeing, not bad i think.
I can recommend the peole at MG services by the way
even if they looked at me in a funny way when i told them
how far i've driven around with that somewhat second
handed release bearing.

Per, Falun, Sweden, MGB -72 Roadster, US import.