Re: Rear axle noise

To: gmapes@ball.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear axle noise
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 17:31:15 -0400
If you haven't ruled this out already, I'd go straight to the rear brake
drums..both left and right.  The noise you describe sure sounds like a brake
shoe or a component thereof coming loose.  You didn't say that you had a
problem with stopping, but many times the rear wheel cylinders become so
rusted that they stop functioning. And then your only stopping with the front
brakes which normally do the majority of  stopping anyway.

Randy 'that's my story and I'm sticking to it' Balogh