Re: Su vs. Weber

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Su vs. Weber
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:18:03 EDT
Well Graham, its obvious from you last mail that you want to fit a Weber - but
I don't like you logic about the sealing...

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the Weber must have as many potential like
sites as an SU, such as :-
        1) throttle spindle.
        2) choke spindle.
        3) float bowl breather.
        4) float bowl cover.

OK, so prehaps I'm being pedantic but I heard of more problems with people
installing a Weber than an SU. Sure they might work as well as an SU once their
properly installed but you have got to get the right manifold or the carb hits
the inner wing, do you want to fit an air filter or can you afford regular
engine rebuilds, how much does a proper throttle linkage cost?

I shall now get off my soapbox and wait to see what the replies are.

Dave B
72 BGT V8
76 Midget