Re: Su vs. Weber

To: graham@disr.den.mmc.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Su vs. Weber
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 01:19:32 -0400
any number of places should be able to sell you rebuilt S.U.s for about
$300-325, from the other prices you have quoted (weber) I would find a new
shop or do mail order. University Motors, Apple Hydraulics, Moss, Victoria
British, etc etc all have them. The S.U. carb is very simple, and frankly,
when done right are actually less fuss than either type of
weber...furthermore, if you have a smog regulated car (66 on in most states)
the sidedraft weber is NOT an option to stay legal.The downdrafts do work
well, but I'd say there are a lot more people around the brit cars hobby who
can help you with an SU problem than with a Weber...something to think about.