Re: rad. bushing blowout! -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rad. bushing blowout! -Reply
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:02:26 -0700
RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov wrote:

>..so I am guessing, the oil in the water made it impossible to keep
>the rubber temp sensor in the radiator?  That seems to be the missing
>link from your great message??

Sorry,

    I thought about the clarity of the message about an hour after I
wrote it. Kind of got of on a tangent (you all know how emotional some
of these LBC subjects can make you). I meant to imply that if the head
gasket is faulty then there may be a good chance that exhaust gases are
able to escape into the cooling system and overpressurize it.
    I agree with your suggestion to check the rad cap, forgot about
that one. Didn't work in my case anyway. Better now? ;)

                    Dave Hay