Re: Cars for Sale??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars for Sale??
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 08:04:16 EDT
TeriAnn Says:
>There is a lot to be said about a fixed head coupe when its raining, or cold
>outside.  With its roomy hatchback, you can put a fair amount of stuff back
>there and have it protected.  Besides I always liked the Itallian styling
of the
>GT better than the roadster's styling.
I will second pretty much all of this.  I have a C/GT that is my daily commuter
and it must transport two girls under the age of 5.  It does all this and with a
lot more style than 98% of the "vehicles" on the road.  Wish I had had the GT
when I was at Purdue for those yearly moves.  Unfortunately, mine is not that
dry when it rains.  I have some tin-wormed floor boards.  When it does get
redone, several of TeriAnn's tricks will be applied.  The LeMan's style gas
cap sounds neat.  I have done just the reverse on my Midget with respect to
the over-riders.  I have over-riders and no bumper.  Just the bumper might
be more appropriate.  Dechroming the sides also sounds nice.  In a lot of
ways, TeriAnn's mods make her car sound quite similar to the Sebring Sports
C/GTs.

>I purchased the car as a practical all weather commute car that would be
fun to
>drive on the windy mountain road I commute over (#17).  I have been van
pooling
>the last 3 years and find that I'm going at least a month between petrol
>fillups.  I think a car should be used and would like to send it to a good
home
>where someone might want to do the cosmetic things to her to restore her to
her
>former glory.
>From your honest list, it sounds like it wouldn't take much to put her back to
rights.  In my drive them mode, I would put it on the road the way she is.
Yes, I have a new pickem-up (6 months old) and just barely 3K miles on it.
Why would anyone drive that lump when they could be driving an MG?!!

>I've also thought if no one wants her, I could probably get more money out of
>her by parting her out  (fresh balanced engine, full syncro overdrive
>transmission, good rear end, good brakes, need doors? seats? etc.
>I would rather she continue through time intact though
Certainly wish you the best in selling it whole.  Wish that you were closer
but Dayton is a long way.  And I think that two MGs is enough with our
100+ year-old house to work on.

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581