Re: a cool warm place

To: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: a cool warm place
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 08:27:34 -0800
Append the following to my previous note on your 190F thermostat question:

My comment was that the oil cooler was not the cause of your low engine
temperature.  Mark Dodd had a good point (in his discussion of thermostats
for oil coolers): your oil cooler may, indeed, keep the temperature too low
for the oil's sake and be the cause of the water emulsion you see when most
of your driving is short winter trips.  Blocking the cooler is probably a
good idea under those conditions.  But the low engine temperature could
only be caused by the thermostat (or the temperature gauge - but yours
seems ok)

Russ Wilson