Re: MGB brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB brakes
From: vortex@worldaccess.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 19:58:49 +0100
>On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Dave Morris wrote:
>

>> > I've been shopping for an MGB. I have test driven three different cars of
>> > various vintage. They were all a joy to drive except for one thing, the
>> > brake pedal effort was very high. Is this normal for an MGB?????

My 1970 MGB requires a slightly increased brake pedal effort (not assisted),
when compared to a more modern car (but NOTHING when compared
to the required brake effort on my 1964 LandRover!)

Perhaps the problem lies in the brake pad linings. These are no longer
available with asbestos. Linings with newer  materials are, to my experience,
a bit more noisy and require more effort.

Bert Palte
Holland

(signature under construction)
Bert Palte                                       Vortex Balanceertechniek B.V.,
Roggeveld 25                                Industrieweg 21  / P.O. Box 107
Soest,  The Netherlands              Soest, The Netherlands
 NL-3764 ZB                                  NL-3760 AC
tel. +31 35 602 3949 (home)       tel. +31 35 601 3816
tel. +31 35 601 3816 (office)       fax +31 35 602 6288
<palte@rt.el.utwente.nl>               <vortex@worldaccess.nl>