RE: '75 Midget Engine Rebuild

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '75 Midget Engine Rebuild
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:02:43 -0500
You could be right.  The compression gauge is the rubber tipped kind
that you force into the spark plug socket.  There is plenty of room for
user error.  At least one cylinder had just under 100.  They're not all
exactly the same, just fairly low.

I just did a valve job (about 20 minutes before I measured the
compression), so that shouldn't be a problem.  It made an improvement,
but I'm not sure how much power this engine should have.  It's the only
one I've driven.  It seems to have plenty of pickup for a 1500, but then
again, no reference point.