Re: SU Damper Fluid

To: mliggett@indiana.edu
Subject: Re: SU Damper Fluid
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 12:23:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Matt Liggett wrote:

> At Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:15:17 -0400 (EDT), "John M. Trindle" writes:
> > Anyway, it seems the way to go so far is either the little bottles ($$)
> > or some sort of straight 20 weight or multi-vis which is similar to a
> > straight 20 at normal operating temps.  Since I've never seen a
> > straight-weight oil other than 30 I was curious what the folks used...
>
> Try Marvel Mystery Oil.  Should be available at your local parts store.

Although this seems to work fine in the HS2 carbs in the Spitfire, it
does NOT give me a decent accellerator pump effect in the HIF4s in the MG.

I purchased a tiny bottle of SU damper fluid for $7, and I am trying
that.  It is certainly more viscous than the MMO and less than 20W50 at
60 degrees.

I'll let the list know my conclusions (like it or not! <g>)

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"And what is a good citizen?  Simply one who never says, does or thinks
anything that is unusual.  Schools are maintained in order to bring
this uniformity up to the highest possible point. -- H.L. Mencken"