Re: Stoned in NJ

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stoned in NJ
From: wls@homarus.ccsu.ctstateu.edu (Bill Singleton)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:11:03 -0500
>On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Jerome Keller wrote:
>
>>      And while we're at it, just what the hell IS a "stone" anyway? (scores
>>      of old English films, and I STILL don't know....)
>>
>>      Jerry Keller
>
>"[A]n official British unit equal to 14 pounds" -- Webster's New
>Collegiate Dictionary

And before anyone grumbles about stone and pounds, remember there are still
folks in the good ol' USA for whom measurments such as chains and rods (66
and 16.5 feet, respectively) are still important.  (Extra credit for those
who know that an acre is a parcel of land that measures 2 rods by 2
chains.)

  --Bill Singleton

'52 TD (in pieces, but the termites are DEAD)
'94 Toyota PU

William L. Singleton                   | singleton@ccsu.ctstateu.edu
Director of Information Services       | 860-832-1719
Central Connecticut State University   | This space for rent
"If anyone objects to what I say I am not only prepared to retract it but
to deny under oath that I ever said it."  T. Leher