Mommy, where do MOWOGs come from?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mommy, where do MOWOGs come from?
From: Jerome Keller <jkeller@cc-mail.pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:00:56 -0500
     In <09627b70@cc-mail.pica.army.mil>, Jerome Keller wrote:
     >     "MOWOG" appears on a lot of bits in our cars, and stands for >
       MORRIS-WOLLESLEY-MG.......the cars these bits are used in.

     >OK, folks, let's get it straight.  I have seen three incorrect posts
     >on this.

     >It's Morris-Wolsely Group.  Not Wolsey, not Woosley, not Wollsely.

     >Sorry, it's the pedant in me (no, that's not to do with little boys).

     >           A. B. Bonds

     I suppose Lord Nuffield is spinning in his grave over the extra "L"
     here, A.B.

     OK, OK, point taken...when you're rite, you're rite...however, I still
     want to know....

         (1) Does MOWOG stand for "MOrris-WOlseley Group"...or...

             "MOrris-WOlseley-mG" ??

         (2) What IS a "stone", really ?

     Pleeze, dew tell....

     Jerry Keller