Re: females on list/MG's and 'ludes

To: Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org (Cindy Jizmagian)
Subject: Re: females on list/MG's and 'ludes
From: Ted Weiler <tweiler@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 08:07:49 -0800 (PST)
At 11:04 PM 12/22/95 GMT, you wrote:
>Is a Celica worth trying?  BTW, I'm 5'1'" tall (using the
>word loosely) and while driving the MG I sometimes have to stretch to reach
>the clutch if I'm using the seatbelt. My driving tends to be mostly urban in
>winter, winding roads and ocasional interstates in summer (spring/summer is
>my mostly MG season unless I need a/c). So, ladies and gentlemen:  What is a
>grown-up MGB?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that a Celica would drive like a "grown-up
MGB".  I would say that I have owned two Toyotas.  I had the first one, a
'72 Corrona, for over ten years and 120,000.  The only reason I got rid of
it was that a plumbing truck failed to stop behind me.  I replaced it with
an '82 Corrola.  My daughter still drives it at 200,000+ miles.  Just put
some new stereo speakers in it last night.  It just past emissions testing
with nothing but an oil change and a new air filter.  Except for a couple of
alternators, clutches, brakes, and a water pump, it has run perfectly for 13
years as a daily driver.  So, on the basis of long life and reliability, it
is hard to imagine anything better.

Ted, '74 B GT

 Edward B. (Ted) Weiler, TWeiler@Eskimo.com
 Engineering Manager, Olympic Medical, OlyMed@aol.com