Re: Changing oil (gearbox?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Changing oil (gearbox?)
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 23:16:49 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, David Hall wrote:

> I do not have an OD in my car...  I've heard that you should NOT use
> synthetic with an OD for some reason...

Shhhh!  My TR4 might hear you.  I've had Amsoil 80W-90 in its overdrive
transmission for the past 40,000 miles or so. The theory is that synthetic
oil makes the clutch band too slippery to engage properly, but I haven't
seen any evidence of it in the TR4.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.