Fuel Pump Failure (again!)

Subject: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:27:42 -0500 (EST)
I have had a second fuel pump go out in as many months on my '73 MGB.
The SU brand pump failed by becoming totally silent.  This one (a
plastic-bodied one from Seven) will click once for voltage applied, and
once when it is removed.  It doesn't "throw over" though.  I got home
yesterday by clicking the ignition on-off to fill the float bowls (5
miles, in traffic.  Yeesh).  The SU responded to tapping for a while
before it completely died.  This one doesn't, and I am afraid to hit it
too hard because of the plastic, anyway.

This is starting to look chronic!  Any ideas?  Thanks!

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"I believe in computer dating, but only if the
computers are truly in love. - Groucho Marx"