Re: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)
From: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 20:11:34 -0500 (EST)
John, I have had my share of fuel pump problems with my '67B and '80B.The
'67 pump died after the car sat in the garage all winter. Bought an
after market pump which never worked properly.Eventually replaced the
blades inside the pump and it worked fine.The '80 pump died this
past summer, but replaced it with brand new SU pump and haven't had any
problems.Be sure to put and extra ground wire from fuel pump to body if
your car has a negative ground.Fixing the old fuel pumps is very easy and
nice to keep for spare in trunk.Safety Fast! Phil Roe...
The Hamptons, NY USA
MG Car Club of Long Island
'67 & '80mgb