Re: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)

Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)
From: "A A Ransome" <A.Ransome@onyx.octacon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 01:33:01 +0000
John
Sorry to hear about your dilema. I have a 74 Midget and I had much
the same problem happen to me recently. Tapping it does work as a
short fix but really other than using very fine sand paper (or a very
thin nail file) to clean the points and cleaning the filter in
parrafin I don't think that there is very much more that you can do
to the SU pumps. One suggestion I received was to fit a manual pump -
don't know if this is really possible especially on your B, but all I
did was just replace the unit for a new one and up until now I havent
had any problems. It does sound though as if your armature and coil
is faulty and I think this warrants a replacement unit. Hopefully you
only picked up a faulty second unit.
Arthur