Re: Midget won't start...

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Midget won't start...
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:46:18 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, David Councill wrote:

> At 03:03 PM 2/7/96 -0500, W.R. Gibbons wrote:
>

> >But I forgive you.  I shouldn't, but wotthehell.  Given that you have
> >spark and you have gas and you've even tried ether, four possibilities
> >come to mind.
> >

> Is this that bad English that Ulix warned us about?

If you mean the "wotthehell," it's a part of literature, so I should be
forgiven.  I think Ulix would not like the adventures of mehitabel,
because of his upper case fetish.

I would not exactly call it a pet peeve, but my eyebrows always lift a bit
when I read posts about the "break peddel."  I worry that the population
at large will conclude that computer literacy and regular literacy are
mutually exclusive.

But wotthehell, never judge a man by his spelling or by whether he wears a
tie.  On the other hand, if he has a dumbbell-shaped stud thrust through
his tongue, a snap judgement is permitted...

But I digress, and see what trouble that caused Chris Ball.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910