Re: Lucas - good or bad?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas - good or bad?
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 96 09:42:01 EST
David Councill Asked:
>Has anyone else noticed this? Is Lucas now top of the line? And what is
>Lucas' reputation in England these days?
In at least one important way Lucas is considered the cream of the crop.
I read somewhere recently that essentially all the black boxes used on
Indy cars are made by Lucas.  Given that most racers are constructed in
Ye Olde Lande, this makes sense.  If their engine management systems are
good enough for the Indy boys, and a number of us will be on their track
at the end of June for Indy 96, I will stick with Lucas a while longer.
Of course Lucas is not without its problems.  I have over my desk a post
from Scott Fisher about a torpedo test by Lucas.  Only a Lucas torpedo
would try to fly!

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581