Re: MOSS Motors

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 07:50:41 -0700
>Do you recommend MOSS motors for parts?

        I've been using Moss Motors for over 2 years and have noticed that
the parts quality has diminished as the quantity of NOS (New-old stock)
parts has dried up.  This should not surprise anyone as there must be a
finite supply of this stuff.  I am, however, very disappointed in the
quality of reproduction parts that Moss has insisted on selling when NOS
parts are no longer avail.
        I admit that I tend to be a cheap SOB when given the opportunity,
but in the case of my MG, I have learned that I would rather buy original
quality of preferably even better-than-original quality when I can.  (It
saves me buying two of something when I need only one.)
        I'd be interested in hearing other peoples opinions.  I've only
been on the list for afew months so I don's know if this thread has been
beaten to death in a previous life.

Michael MacLeod    From Alberta - Where the beer and the antelope freeze!!
'68 BSA Spitfire                   '60 MGA                      '63 Jag Mk 10
'83 BMW R100 RS