Re: MOSS Motors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: maury.murray@br-ranch.org (Maury Murray)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 01:15:14 GMT
>Taiwanese chrome goodies absolutely stink.  Overall, though, Moss is OK

I have purchased from Moss for a number of years, adding up
to an amount I dare not reveal to my wife.  The only real dog
they sold me was the left rear bumper for my 73 Midget. It
came complete with "adapters" to supposedly make it fit.
Never mind that it was lighter gauge than OEM, what really
torqued me was that it was actually shorter than the
original.  Even with the adapters, it wouldn't fit - the end
of the bumper wouldn't clear the side of the car.  It took
most of an afternoon to modify the adapters so I could mount
it, and it still looks bad.  When I called Moss, they said
it was from the far east and that was the only way they
could have them manufactured and still be able to sell them
at an affordable price.  I have to wonder if it wouldn't have
been cheaper to make it right and forego the expense of
adapters.  As luck would have it, I later bought a set of OEM
bumpers at SICP for the same price Moss charged for the junk.
No, I haven't installed them yet but they are the right length.

Maury "have bumper, will not travel to the far east" Murray