Re: MOSS Motors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: 1955tf@flash.net
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 09:12:24 -0600
At 07:50 AM 3/2/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>Do you recommend MOSS motors for parts?
>
>        I've been using Moss Motors for over 2 years and have noticed that
>the parts quality has diminished as the quantity of NOS (New-old stock)
>parts has dried up.  This should not surprise anyone as there must be a
>finite supply of this stuff.  I am, however, very disappointed in the
>quality of reproduction parts that Moss has insisted on selling when NOS
>parts are no longer avail.

I tend to agree with this assessment, but it is NOT limited to MOSS.  I have
used MOSS, VIC BRIT, and ABING SPARES to restore several cars and have
gotten excellent parts AND cheapie parts from all.  It all depends on the
particular part.  I think Moss interiors are very good, but some of their
Taiwanese chrome goodies absolutely stink.  Overall, though, Moss is OK.

Bottom line is, "You pays your money and you takes your chances!

Safety Fast.

Tim in Dallas           '71 B (Daily Driver)    '55 TF (Pride and Joy)