Car Stereo

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Stereo
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 22:26:29 -0600
Hello,

Riding around today (testing out my brakes <g>) I decided I should put my
stereo back in my car, but of course I have questions :-)

The stereo is a standard modern tape player / reciever.  I had taken it out
because it wasn't mounted very securely and I am looking for suggestions on
how to mount it.  I suppose the best way would be to attach the back of the
stereo to the underneath of the dash, anyone have suggestions, plans,
thoughts, etc, on this?  The stereo is about 1/8" smaller than the opening,
making it loose... I am thinking about putting foam around the radio to hold
it tight...

Also, what about speaker layouts?  On my 66 B the center console speaker
setup isn't the best.  The car has two tiny speakers in there and the DPO
had also installed to 9" speakers in the rear panel.  The problem with this
is that when the top is down the back speakers can't be heard very well and
the front speakers never sound good.  How do ya'll have your stereos wired???

I am not beyond putting holes in the door panels (they aren't original) but
I would rather not put any holes in the metal part of the doors, etc.  I am
not very concerened with the fact that the car didn't come this way -- the
car is for me to enjoy, and a good stereo setup will add to that enjoyment.

I welcome all comments, recommendations, and advice.  I tried calling
'Crutchfield Electronics' figuring they would be able to help, but they
don't have installation kits for older cars.  Bummer!

Thanks,
Ross
// Ross A. Goldberg (aka Loki)
// http://www.computek.net/public/loki