Re:MGB Tires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:MGB Tires
From: Eugene_Faust@wb.xerox.com (Faust,Eugene)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:57:49 PST
 I am confused. I went shopping for tires for my BGT at a local tire
 store.  Sure enough they had a stack of Michelin 185/70 SR 14's.
 Right  next to those there was a stack of 185/75 SR14's.  Being
 curious, I whipped out my trusty tape measure and started in.  As
 expected, The 75"s were about .5 inches larger in diameter. However,
 when I measured the width, the 75's were an inch narrower!  I thought
 that the 185 was the width dimension and therefore the two tires
 should have been the same width.  Where am I wrong?

 Gene