Re: MGB-starter?relay?

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB-starter?relay?
From: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 07:44:05 -0500 (EST)
Chris & Jay, This morning 80B started after sitting for several days with
the starter problem!After trying just about every test I could think of
for the starter relay & wires leading to the starter from the relay I
proceeded to look at the ignition switch area(I should have tried this
first) I turned the switch all the way on to the start position, holding
it there for approx. 5 to 10 seconds & bingo it started! This intermittent
starting has been happening for a couple of months but never realized exactly
what it took to start the car.The problem I have noticed occurs when the
car sits over the weekend & try to start it monday morning.Possible dirty
starter solenoid contacts or dirty connections at the starter relay is
probably causing the problem I think.Will replace & or clean them & then
see if the problem continues. Hope this has been of some help Chris.Good
luck.Keep us informed of your situation.I really enjoy this kind of
electrical troubleshooting-seriously.Phil...Other thoughts are appreciated!