Re: B tires & wheels

To: RBigsby@aol.com
Subject: Re: B tires & wheels
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 12:36:23 -0800
Greetings!

>Related subject:  does anyone have any experience converting MGB hubs to a 5
>bolt configuration?  I am tired of searching for tires and paying riduculous
>prices when I find them.  My wife's Saturn rolls on 195/60-15's and the dia
>is nearly identical - just the width to worry about.  The Saturn bolt circle
>is too small, though, at 100mm.  The MG, I believe, is 120 mm.  Any ideas?

I don't know if this will help or not but I believe the Datsun 240Z, 260Z
(and probably a bunch of other models) bolt pattern is the same as that of
our venerable B's.  I have a set of (almost) chrome bolt on wire wheels I
installed on my `76 'B that the PO told me were an option on a 260Z.  They
are 14 X 6 rims and will accomodate a much wider range of tires.  I'm sure
that you can find suitable used mags or rims from 'rice burners' to shoe a
wider range of rubber. (Just follow my lead and NEVER admit there's a
Japanese part on your LBC.)
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528