Re: Lights out!!

Subject: Re: Lights out!!
From: swilliams@media-net.net (Williams, Scott)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:26:11
On 12-Jun-96, Marc Steinberg wrote:

> I, too, have the original Lucas lamps in my '63 B, which has, lessee
> here, something like 218,000 miles on it.  Unfortunately, my run-in with
> a cement retaining wall has necessitated the replacement of the driver's
> side.  Can you still get bulbs that match the look of the original, or do
> I need to swap out both?
>
> -- Marc

The first thing I do when I hit a British Car junk yard is go for the Lucas
headlights. I ahd been buying them for about $5.00 a piece a few years back.

By the way, if you look on the back of the lamps, you'll see the name Osram.
I believe that is a German company that made the lights for Lucas. I have
the original lamps in my '73 daily driver!

Scott C. Williams