Re: MG Treats

To: jtilton@vt.edu
Subject: Re: MG Treats
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 10:42:59 -0400 (EDT)

> On an obliquely related note, I'm on the hunt through thrift stores and
> garage sales for a decent 8-track player (junk yards are next on the
> list).  Something in my gut is telling me it would be a too-cool period
> piece for the 77B.
>
> I did meet a gent at the Richmond show who showed me the original invoice
> for his 80B.  Listed among the options was a stereo 8-track, so I at least
> know there exists a model that will fit in the hole.

  Yes, I know for sure it exists. I found to my surprise after getting my B
home that first night, that what I thought was just an AM/FM British Leyland
stamped radio had a cleverly hidden 8-track player in it.  I wonder how
common these actually are.  Gee, maybe I can sell it off for thousands of
dollars as a unique collectable.  Perhaps I should take out a full color ad
in Hemmings.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation