Re: MGA cooling

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA cooling
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 14:19:47 -0800
  >...Does anyone support the idea
  >that a simple shroud made to surround the fan
  >...might serve to channel most of the air
  >through the radiator and provide increased air flow to
  >the outer edges of the radiator core?

For what it is worth - I talked to a fellow here in Daytona Beach who put
a/c on both his Midget & MGB.  He said making a shroud was the single most
important feature he had found to keep those engines cool.  He had obvious
skills at sheet metal work because were both beautiful pieces of work!

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA