Re: Waving at Other MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waving at Other MG's
From: "ppp:pbailey" <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 18:39:47 -0700
I agree It seems there are 2 types of MG drivers..One that is a
enthusiast and feels he is special driving a part of history and a
car that is part of him.He will always wave or flash his lights
He enjoys working on them and is on this list if he has a computer
The second type is a person who only wants a cheap sportscar couldn't
care less about the marque history and will look at you when you wave
like he wonders why you are waving also he gripes about the maintenance
and will probably get rid of it as soon as he can(hopefully to one of
us!!)I chased a guy down that had just got a 80"B" from a dealer  sans
smog pump I called him a few months later and he had it back on the lot
for sale.This is more than just owning a car anyone can do that.This is
a passion,a hobby and I guess we are just stubborn not wanting to fall
in line with the average joe who buys a new jelly bean car.I went for a
wonderful drive up Angeles Crest Hwy yesterday and was blowing everyone
off the road in their econoboxes and even a guy in an older RX7 who
should have been able to outrun me if he knew how to drive!!Setting up
the curves going through just right downshifting at the right time all
that fun and I didn't even get over 65 and still had a ball Yes this IS
waht it is all about....Pat