Re: Waving at Other MG's

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Waving at Other MG's
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 30 JUL 96 09:39
>Driving home from buying my midget, a jaguar e-type pulled up next to me,
 12 cylinders purring in their signature baritone.  The two guys riding in
 it grinned and gave me the thumbs-up.  Then, as the light changed, they
 waited as I pulled out in front and merged into their lane.  True
< gentlemen.

 Boy! Those guys get around!  I crossed them, or their twins, in Southern
California three weeks ago!  I was headed up a blvd when I spied this
very nice E-type roadster with two guys in it, coming down the opposite
side.  They both gave me enthusiastic waves.  I was so startled, I barely
had time to get my hand out to respond!
 I now wave at rubber-bumpers.  Didn't used to, but after participating
in this list, I now realize that rubber-bumper owners are SOLs, too.
I find that TR6 owners won't wave back.  Pretty much all others do, though.
When I'm in MILOU, I wave at everyone.  I'm more discrete in TINTIN.
Probably the influence of being closed-in.
 Broke a throttle return-spring last night.  That's the third one.
Someone doesn't know how to temper spring-steel.  Rather an unpleasant
feel to have the accelerator suddenly go soft, and not want to return all
the way to idle without being blipped.  I had two spares, of course.
Good thing Pep Boys sells generic springs with long leads on them!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*