Re: Need rust remedy!

To: Bruce pyle <pyle@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Need rust remedy!
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

Then Bruce Pyle wrote:

> Don't want to start some kind of contest, but Extend has worked fine for me.
> I have seen it convert the rust and stay without prime or other treatment
> for over two years in a car I sold and which was exposed to the weather and
> otherwise not cared for at all.  Sorry your experience was different.  I
> have no commercial interst in this product, of course.  It just worked for me
>
> Bruce Pyle

Perhaps you can treat rust with Extend if you don't intend to paint the
car, and there will be some benefit.  On the other hand, the result would
not be pretty.  Most of us want to paint the rusty spots.  I will be glad
to hear from anyone who has treated rust with extend followed by normal
body paint and had the result last longer than a year.  I have a Toyota
sitting in the drive right now that was treated with Extend, to no avail,
and experience with a Ford where it also failed.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910